Salwan Public School, Trans Delhi Signature City boasts of its state–of–the–art academic campus which has been designed to enhance the teaching-learning process. The school envisions to carve out the intellect of the students by providing them ample opportunities which aim to build and nurture a community of thinkers who are committed to living with responsibility.
The school complex comprises two building blocks – Primary and Senior. The array of facilities to help them achieve their skills with maximum potential in co-curricular activities.
Facilities in the School
The lab is a dedicated work space for students to learn, experiment and develop their ideas into prototypes with equipment like laser cutting machines, 3D Printers, Arduino kits and much more.
The lab activities are designed to encourage creativity, and go beyond rote learning and will let students explore futuristic skills such as design and computational thinking, adaptive learning and artificial intelligence.
State of Art 6 Lane 10 metre Shooting Range
The newly constructed Shooting Range aims at hosting the pistol and rifle shooting events and giving exposure to young shooters to prove their mettle.
- The multi-storeyed senior Library is well stocked with around 10000 books, 6 journals, 5 periodicals, and kindles. Students can consult online books, images, videos, and all other educational content via our E-Library.
- Link of Library Blog: https://spstdsclibraryhub.blogspot.com/?m=1
- It’s an enriched reference section with a variety of books available on Science, Career counseling, Self-motivation, English Literature, Hindi Literature, Fiction, Sports, Music, Instruments, and hobbies to not only augment the knowledge of the students but also develop their interest in reading.
- Newspapers, Periodicals, and Magazines are also available for teachers to update themselves.
- The primary section has a well-equipped library to cater to the students of classes Nursery – V with around 3000 books, magazines, comics, newspapers, audio and video cassettes, CDs, DVDs, and other visual aids for avid readers and inquisitive learners.
- Quiz hours, book reviews, chat shows, and visit to book fairs; all add to the day-to-day activities of the library to generate reading habits – an exciting voyage to self-discovery.
- A library blog has been created for the convenience of the students so that they can access the books at the comfort of their homes for the smooth conduct of learning wherein they can read the books available, play quizzes, read newspapers, the encyclopedia for reference, and also submit their book reviews on the same.
- We have a class library for students to provide a more diverse reading experience among students, thus helping them to attain greater levels of reading achievement.
An E-newspaper facility is available for the students which is very helpful in enhancing the vocabulary of students as they learn different words from there. It helps in writing good essays and assignments in examinations.
The school has laboratories for the following streams:
- PHYSICS: To imbibe the understanding based on knowledge in Physics and the art of experimentation, the school has a beautifully designed Physics Lab with all the modern amenities. The apparatus is fully functional and the aim is to achieve intellectual discoveries or develop experimental techniques.
- CHEMISTRY: To cultivate the ability to measure and report uncertain quantities with appropriate precision, our Chemistry Lab is equipped with learning kits and the best apparatus for conducting experiments. The students are given extensive practical experience to supplement the theories learned in the classroom and security checks are kept well in place.
- BIOLOGY: School has a well-equipped biology lab to make the students familiar with the equipment and terminology used in science and to help students understand the underlying principles/theories behind the experimental techniques & test the theoretical knowledge with the real data.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE LAB
The school encompasses a modern Language Laboratory with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment to help in imparting language skills. The Laboratory is effectively utilized by students and school teachers for various self-enhancement and soft skill development activities. It aims at confidence-building among students for interactions and presentations in English. The main objective of the lab is to provide students a platform to reinforce language skills, communication skills and to practice soft skills.
Enterprising to map academic excellence with a paradigm shift in the high-tech world, the school has two well-equipped and well-maintained IT Labs for primary and senior students, with several computers on the network. They meet all the requirements for creating Techno-Vistas and trendsetters in the educational landscape.
SENIOR IT LAB
The IT Lab has been designed on a thin client architecture with advanced infrastructure in terms of hardware and software to cater to the requirements of the students, teachers, and the curriculum. The laboratory caters to students’ learning Python in classes XI and XII, SQL, developing AI Apps, use of AR and VR, and instant gaming for the game developers and technocrats for this cutting-edge generation.
PRIMARY IT LAB
The trend-setting IT Lab helps the junior classes learn the basics by making models with the help of LEGO Mindstorm Kits, Robots, etc. As they reach the senior classes, students become more confident of their inclinations towards the robotic field.
IT & Resource Centre
The IT Centre is equipped with multiple world-class servers, storage systems, and cloud applications. The following servers, systems, and applications are managed by the IT team-
- CCTV Security System
- Public Address System
- Smart Attendance System
- Wi-Fi Network Management
- Smart classes
- Tata Class Edge Smart Classrooms Collaboration
- Data Management
- Web Application
- GPS System
- Server Management
- Mobile Apps and Cloud Application
The classrooms have been designed in such a way that there are large windows that allows ample natural light which is very essential for the students in this growing age. Ample additional artificial lights have also been installed, to be used at appropriate times. All classrooms are digitally smart. The use of SmartBoard by the teachers enables to teach students in a modern way this helps students to grasp the finer points methodically. The total number of smart classrooms is 33.
- The spacious Music Room of the school is well equipped with a wide variety of musical instruments. A well-maintained audio system has been installed to encourage our budding musicians to keep the music alive. The school gives ample opportunities to the students to learn musical instruments like drums, guitar, keyboard, tabla, etc.
- Students are enrolled with Prayag University, Allahabad to appear for yearly exams in Indian Classical music and Kathak Dance.
The beautifully designed and spacious Dance Room of the school helps the students to explore movements of the body and forms of expression. We train the young learners in Folk Dances with traditional art and adoration, Classical Dance (Kathak) as well as the Western Dance forms like Ballet, Jazz & Hip-Hop.
The school has a medical room being taken care of by a nurse during school hours. The best medical attention is available as and when required. In the event of an emergency or where an ailment requires special attention, the student is immediately transferred to renowned Hospitals of the region with which the school shares an abiding contract for medical treatment. The school provides various facilities for the students: –
- Digital Medical Records of the students are maintained on regular basis by the school.
- Annual Medical Check-Up of the students and the staff are a regular feature of the school.
- Records of students with special medical needs are maintained in the medical room.
- Regular health awareness sessions are organized for students, staff, and parents.
- Annual health check-ups of students
The school has a counselor room which functions as a private space within the school. The school counselor helps all the students in the areas of academic achievement, career, social and emotional development, ensuring today’s students become productive and well-adjusted adults of tomorrow. If there is a problem occurring with a group of students, a group counseling session is conducted.
The school has a well-designed reception to welcome visitors, and support teaching and administrative staff by providing information to students and parents. It is a place to update records such as class schedules and academic transcripts, and coordinate meetings, including parent-teacher conferences.
- Students get ample opportunities to learn sketches of still life, landscape, portrait, cartooning, etc. Techniques with pencil, markers, charcoal, pastels, ink, acrylic, and watercolors are demonstrated. The budding artists are well trained to gain expertise in sculpture making, carving best out of clay and Plaster of Paris.
- Beautifully designed Art and Painting activities provide children with an outlet for self-expression and prove their mettle by exploring and developing their artistic ability.
- Special workshops and webinars are organized from time to time to sensitize students towards tribal or folk-art forms like Mandla, Gond, Lippan, and Madhubani.
The Conference Room of the school wears a very professional look and provides a comfortable ambience for interaction between the Principal and faculty members during departmental meetings and Managing Committee meetings. With a seating capacity of about 20 people, the air-conditioned hall can boast of having a projector (for professional discussion) and is well equipped for Video Conferencing or virtual meetings.
It is a centrally located place in the primary wing of the school. All the subject enrichment activities of the students are displayed here from time to time. It serves as an exhibition area. A lot of inter-class competitions and activities are also conducted in the Atrium for the enhancement of the skills of students.
The School Auditorium is the witness of the multifarious events organized by the school that provides ample opportunities to the students to unleash their hidden talents. It has a stage with the inbuilt latest sound system, acoustics, and special lights. It is centrally air-conditioned and has been hosting varied events like parents’ orientation, inter-house and inter-class events, ted talks, and CBSE and Trust workshops.
The acoustical design of the auditorium in the school includes appropriate room, size, and shape with accommodation of up to 300 persons.
Special Education Room
The Special Education Room has been set up with an aim to impart quality education and provide career guidance to children with special needs. We equip parents and caregivers with the tools to support their child build relationships and connections through shared experiences.
International Level Playground
The School Playground is spread over an area of 8 acres. It has been divided into blocks for various sports activities to promote sportsmanship and a healthy spirit of competition. The infrastructural facilities include:
- Athletic Throwing Area
- Cricket Pitch
- Basketball Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Football Ground
- Golf Putting Area
- Open Gym
- National Standard Gymnastic apparatus with crash mats
- The school has special instructors who teach, guide in person personally ensure that the children thoroughly master the sports under safe supervision.
- Bestowed with a huge and lush green track of 400 metres, the school constantly hosts various sports meets at CBSE, Zonal, State and National Levels.
PLAYING AREA FOR TINY TOTS
A separate playing area has been designed for the tiny tots wherein swings for various activities have been installed for their gross motor and cognitive development.
- The school serves healthy and nutritious food in hygienic and healthy surroundings.
- The meal served to the students is not only rich in nutritional value but also caters to the taste of the students such as Fruit Juices, Buttermilk, Cold Milk, Veg Biryani, Vegetable Sandwiches, etc.
- The school inculcates healthy eating habits among the students so that the craving for junk food can be subsidized.
- A canteen committee has been formed to keep a check on the food items provided to the students.
- The activity room is well equipped with the Montessori apparatus to enhance the multiple intelligence of the children. Students explore various skills by using the apparatus like a pink tower, colored dust, Sensory Kits, red rods, broad staircase, fraction kit, sand trays, number games, alphabet games, and puzzles.
- Students show their creativity by drawing on Easel boards. They perform Yoga and Aerobics using music.
- Various Montessori apparatus enhance their experiential learning. Students enjoy Puppet shows and eagerly wait to visit the activity room.
- The main objective is to enhance the attention and concentration of the students along with hand-eye coordination by focusing mainly on their self-control abilities. This helps to improve and develop their perception of independence.
Exercising in the natural environment is found to be linked to greater feelings of revitalization, increased energy, and positive engagement. Exercising outdoors has additional health benefits which help lower blood pressure and stress levels. Keeping this in mind, an open gym has been installed in the school to help the students lead an active lifestyle.
The school features an indoor gym which is supplied with Treadmills, Weight Bars, Cross Trainers, row Machine, Crunches Pads, Bench-Press and Cycling Machines that aims at helping the children to burn the additional fat and also energize them from their lethargic approach to the environment.
Roof Top Rainwater harvesting plant is installed in the school. The entire rainwater is recharged as only 10% of the school building is concrete and 90% is a green area. The building is designed in such a manner with proper slopes, that the rainwater gets accumulated in the ground through pipes. The objective behind it is to increase the groundwater level and to sensitize students about the significance of water and the contemporary situation of water scarcity.
To make the students aware of organic food, we have initiated organic farming in our school premises where students are taught how farming can be done without using any chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or insecticides. The seeds and saplings of brinjal, cauliflower, broccoli, green chili, ladyfinger, tomatoes, and coriander were planted by the students of Environment Club, also the plants were taken care of by them. They have been told about the benefits of organic farming and how natural things can be used productively.
Herbal Garden is maintained by the students of the Green Initiative Club. Each student plants a sapling and is responsible for its wellness. Each child takes good care of the tree so that it remains lush green. The compost made in the school is used as fertilizer. The medicinal values are discussed in the club.
BIO GAS PLANT
The school has two compost pits: They are functional since two compost pits cannot exhaust the entire plant waste, it has been suggested that the school should have at least four compost pits of bigger size 5ft x 8ft x4ft so that the entire plant waste can be composted and the school does not have to procure the manure from the market. A biogas plant has been installed which uses green waste (dried fallen leaves) for producing compost and biogas.
SOLAR GRASS CUTTER
Students of classes 9th to 12th have made a solar grass cutter which was selected in the National Science Exhibition. The objective of our project is to design an automatic lawnmower that operates on solar energy and avoids the drawback of old lawnmowers. The purpose is to avoid the energy crisis in India and reduce human efforts, operating costs, and maintenance costs.
With the aim to use technology and natural resources in its best possible way students with the guidance of science teachers have made a solar tracker with a solar panel. The biggest benefit of a solar tracking system is that it offers a boost in electricity production using renewable sources of energy. Generally, a solar panel system with a single-axis solar tracker installed sees a performance gain of 25 to 35 percent. A dual-axis tracker bumps performance up by another five to 10 percent.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
No one can enter the school premises except authorized staff. A child is not handed over to anyone without written permission and proper identification of the guardian. School is equipped with fire extinguishers and training for the same is given to all the staff and MTS. Visitors are allowed to enter the campus only after filling in their necessary details and obtaining a visitor’s pass. Parents are restricted to the reception of the school
SENSITIZATION & AWARENESS
Children are given requisite knowledge about ‘good touch and bad touch’ through various workshops. The parents are motivated to speak to their children regarding the concern. Periodic fire and disaster drills are conducted from time to time to practice evacuation and prepare the children for any emergency.
CCTV & PA SYSTEM
CCTV’s have been installed in the school campus covering all the areas ensuring proper coverage of entry gates, corridors and school ground. A PA system has been installed in the school to disseminate important information and to monitor the classes.
The faculty monitors the children in case of for any symptoms of illness during the day and notifies the guardian when their child doesn’t feel well. Medical check-ups of students are done by a team of doctors. We’ve strict policies for administering medication to children. We require a doctor’s note for any medication, given to a toddler to confirm his/her safety.
The safety of children is of paramount importance for the school. Keeping this in mind, School Buses are fitted with AIS 140 compliance GPS device with a button, in case of any emergency transforming our fleet of buses effortlessly into Smart Buses.
They are also equipped with Surveillance Cameras that allow the school, through the mobile app to achieve visibility, safety and control into the GPS location of the school buses at every stop along the route. The system not only ensures the protection of youngsters but also helps parents to remember their whereabouts in the slightest degree times.
The main focus of Disaster management is to reduce the loss caused by natural calamities and making people more resilient to disasters. An emergency response system has been established by the school to avoid any such circumstance. A Disaster Management Committee is made which includes teachers and students. Regular safety drills and training programs are conducted to sensitize students, teachers and other staff members in order to make them prepare for any unforeseen circumstances. All the information related to the evacuation layout plan, emergency phone numbers and important instructions have been put up in the school premises.
CODE FOR TRANSPORT USERS
- School bus routes are drawn up based on commuting time, convenience and demand while ensuring that no route is overly long. Parents should consult the school’s Transport In-charge for necessary details or any changes desired.
- Students are allowed to board/disembark their allotted bus at the bus stop only, both on to and fro journey. There is no provision for temporary change in bus or bus stops.
- Students who miss the allotted bus, should not try to board their bus enroute or any other bus. In such cases, it is the responsibility of the parents to drop their wards to school.
- Students must make sure that the aisle of the bus is clear, so that schoolbags and other belongings are placed properly.
- Students must keep all parts of their body inside the bus at all times. They should not put their hands out even for waving.
- No item/object should be thrown inside or outside the bus during the journey.
- Students should refrain from talking to a driver except in case of an emergency.
- Passengers should not tamper with the emergency door, fire extinguisher or other safety equipment on the bus.
- Students should assist the driver in keeping the bus clean by discarding trash in an appropriate trash receptacle.
- Students found responsible for damage, defacement or vandalism will be charged for the damages in conjunction with other disciplinary action.
- Any misbehaviour on part of a student with the bus driver, conductor, bus teacher or another student will be viewed as a grave misdemeanour and lead to suspension from school.
The school has deployed a good number of buses to pick and drop students and staff from their respective stops. Every possible care is being taken care to ensure that each and every child reaches home safely and the same is followed when child boards the bus from his stop to the school.
|Bus Route No.||Contact No.||School Bus Route|
|1||8826194358||Mukund Vihar,Keshav Bhawan,SLF Ved Vihar, Gokuldham Gate,DLF Ankur Vihar,DLF Pushta Road to School.|
|2||8826194359||Khekra, NBCC Town, Masoori, Mandoula to School.|
|3||8826194363||Gahri Katiya Pushta,Royal Garden,Dhama Chowk,Shiv Chowk,ICICI ATM,DLF Ankur Vihar to School.|
|4||9958141030||100 ft.Road Neelam Fac. Indira Puri 2 No.,Lal Bagh C Block Park, Balram Nagar Entry, Balram Nagar (Hospital) to School.|
|5||8826194361||Bharat City, Dilshad Garden Colony, GTB Hospital, Rathwala Mandir, Punjabi Rasoi,Yamuna Vihar B Block Bhajanpura Market, Sonia Vihar Pushta No.0,1,2,3,4,5, Chauhan Patti to School.|
|6||9953543137||Railway Station, Loni City Hospital Loni, Loni Bus Stand, Hanuman Mandir, Loni Tiraha, Khanna Nagar, Nagar Palika, Ram Park Rameshwar Park to School.|
|7||8851495274||First Trip:- Village : Garhi Sablu, Pavi Second Trip:- Village : Sabhapur|
|8||8826194360||Usmanpur Pushta No.0,1,2,3,4,5, Gamdi, Khajuri Red Light, Sonia Vihar Pushta No.0,1,2,3,4,5 MCD Toll Tax, Chauhan Patti, Shani Mandir to School|
|9||8826194364||C Block Yamuna Vihar, Anand Sagar Ghonda Main Road, Mother Dairy B Block,Yamuna Vihar, Police Station Bhajanpura, Bhajanpura Market, Sonia Vihar Pushta No. 0,1,2,3,4,5 to School.|
|10||9899855981||Giri Market, Saidullabad, Ganga Vihar, 50 Ft., Ram Park Ext. Khanpur More, Mangal Bazar, Illachipur ,Sample House to School.|
|11||8826194366||Pani ki Tanki, Krishna Chowk Navyug Park, Parivartan Park DLF Ved Vihar, Shiv Mandir, Pavi to School.|
|12||8826194367||Khajuri Red Light,CRPF Camp / Delhi Police, MCD Toll Tax, Pushta Chowki, Sabhapur to School|
|13||8826194369||T.B.Hospital Karawal Nagar, Shiv Vihar/Aman Vihar, Gola Factory MCD Toll Tax Jauhri Pur, Jawahar Nagar, Shanti Nagar 2 No. Indira Puri Loni, Aashta Hospital, Pushta Police Chowki to School.|
|14||8882761342||Agrolla, Panchlok, Avas Vikas Flats, Mandould Vihar, Pachayra, Meerpur Hindu, B2 Tronica City, April Park Tronica City, RMS Flats to School.|
|15||9354967401||First Trip:- Sabha Pur Main Road Chauhan Patti, Shani Mandir Second Trip:- Village Khanpur, Raj City, Jain Colony|
|16||8826194362||Vrinda Hotel, Karawal Nagar, Sadatpur, Dayal Pur Pani ki Tanki Sher Pur, Munga Nagar/ Chand Bagh, Bhajanpura Market Khajuri Red Light, Sonia Vihar Pushta No.1,2,3,4, Chauhan Patti|
|17||9990685902||Gokuldham, SLFAnkur Vihar Jindal Road, SLF Ved Vihar Keshav Kunj, DLF Ankur Vihar Sabhapur Chowki to School.|
|18||7838439245||Jai Ambey Store, Balram Nagar Tarun Hospital, Balram Nagar PNB, Balram Nagar, Vardham Palace, Balram Nagar, Jain Stationery, Balram Nagar, Naya Bazar, Loni to School|
|19||8826194368||Gol Chhakar, LIG/MIG flat Loni Road, Durgapuri Chowk, Maujpur Metro Station,Jafarabad Metro Station, Gokul Puri/ Yamuna Vihar Main Road, Bhajanpura Market /Khujuri Red Light, Sonia Vihar Pushta No.1 to 5, Chauhan Patti|
Transport In Charge: Mr. Sanjay Tyagi, Contact: 8826194356
Admin Officer: Ms. Anjana Daffoti, Contact: 9971909310